The Cardiovascular Department at Mukat Hospital with the best heart specialist in Chandigarh is dedicated to keeping you going by offering preventive, systematic, non-invasive, and intensive cardiac care.
Here is a list of tips from the heart specialists in Chandigarh on how to keep your heart healthy:
- Watch your portion sizes: It’s just as important to watch how much you consume as it is to watch what you eat. Overfilling your plate, eating too quickly, and eating until you’re full will result in you consuming more calories than you require, which can affect not only your waistline but also your heart. So, watch your portions and eat mindfully without being distracted by the TV, newspaper, or phone.
- Reduce your salt intake: Too much salt in your diet can lead to high blood pressure, which is a significant risk factor for heart disease. Salt reduction is an essential component of a heart-healthy diet. Also, keep an eye on ready-to-eat foods since they tend to be high in sodium.
- Quit Smoking: One of the best things you can do for your heart is to stop smoking. Did you know that smoking raises the risk of heart disease by two to four times? Quit smoking today and start living a more active and safer lifestyle.
- Control Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is the leading cause of stroke and a significant cause of nearly half of all heart diseases. Eat a balanced diet, avoid extra salt, exercise regularly, and maintain healthy body weight to keep your blood pressure in check.
- Manage Diabetes: Did you know that people with type 2 diabetes are two to four times more likely than those without diabetes to develop heart disease or have a stroke? As a result, make positive lifestyle changes to keep your diabetes in check. Maintaining a healthy weight is one of the most important things you can do if you have diabetes.
Regular exercise, socialization, a balanced diet, and keeping in touch with your community will all help you improve your overall health and lower your risk of heart disease.